Early Life and Education
Bonnie Blake Drucker attended the University of California at Berkeley and received her Masters in Architecture in 1976; Drucker also received her Master of Science in Research Psychology from the University of Massachusetts.
Career in Architecture
Over a time-span of only twenty years, Drucker has established herself as an experienced designer who focuses on combining emotional and aesthetic lift with an emphasis on her background in science and research (Bonnie Blake-Drucker 1). In 1983, Bonnie Blake Drucker opened a small practice, called Blake Drucker Architects, where she combines customer satisfaction with her aesthetic appeal in each project (Blake Drucker Architects 1). This company is a ‘small design-oriented architectural firm’ that works primarily for the University of California (Building Concerns 1). In 1978, Drucker began her membership with the American Institute of Architects (AIA). Her resume roughly includes a plethora of large and complex facilities, such as medical offices, manufacturing facilities, laboratories, and computer laboratories. On her practice website, Drucker quotes, “The architectural practice is a service business. The hands-on service we provide allows us to communicate within all aspects of design, from initial programming through the construction process. It is a process that I really enjoy” (Bonnie Blake-Drucker 1). In 1999 Drucker completed Moffitt Hospital, the Pharmacogenomics Laboratory for the Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences in 2001, and the School of Dentistry Craniofacial and Skeletal Biology Laboratory in 2004 for the University of California, San Francisco (Bonnie Blake-Drucker 2).
Major Buildings and Projects
- (1999) Moffitt Hospital UCSF
- (2001) Pharmacogenomics Laboratory for the Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences UCSF
- (2004) School of Dentistry Craniofacial and Skeletal Biology Laboratory UCSF
Press and Awards
- “Blake Drucker Architects.” Conde Naste Portfolio.com. 2007. 19 November 2007.
- “Bonnie Blake-Drucker.” Blake Drucker Architects. 2005. 19 November 2007
- “Building Concerns: Northern California Resource Directory.” Architects and Designers. 2007. 19 November 2007