Born in Remscheid, Germany, Poldi Hirsch attended Hebrew Technical College in Haifa for two years, the University Ecole d’Architecture in Geneva for approximately one year, and the Ecole Polytechnique in Lausanne. She earned her Diplome d’Architecte from the Ecole Polytechnique in 1953 and in that year opened her own office in Switzerland. By 1963, however, she is in Havre de Grace, MD, again in an independent office.
Poldi Hirsch joined the American Institute of Architects in 1964 and was a member of the Baltimore Chapter.
Press and Awards
Baltimore Chapter of the American Institute of Architects Collection, Maryland Historical Society, MS 2850, Series III, Box 46.