Carol J. Weissman Kurth
Carol J. Weissman Kurth, FAIA, Allied Member ASID, LEED AP, is an award-winning architect and interior designer, and Principal of Carol Kurth Architecture, PC + Carol Kurth Interiors, LTD, in Bedford, New York. Her distinguished and award-winning body of residential work is notable for its elegant and imaginative integration of site, form, structure, and materials.
Carol established her multi-disciplinary practice in 1995, where she designs distinctive architecture and interior spaces that layer modernism with traditional elements and gestures. Taking inspiration from nature and the built environment, her design vision integrates all scales: landscapes, building forms, interior textures, palettes and product design. Carol was previously architect and Partner at Milowitz + Kurth Architecture and Kurth + Kurth Architecture.
- Farm-to-Table Residence, Westchester, NY
- Link House, Westchester, NY
- Five Star House, Westchester, NY
- Casa Encantada, Westchester, NY
- Quarry Court Residence, Westchester, NY
The firm’s work has been publicized in House Beautiful, This Old House, Better Homes and Gardens, The New York Times, LUXE, Gotham Magazine and on major network television including NBC Nightly News and MTV Teen Cribs. Project work has also been exhibited at the World Architecture Festival and at the AIA.
- 2011 AIA National Diversity Recognition Program Honoree
- 2011 AIA Westchester + Hudson Valley Design Award for Farm-to-Table Residence
- 2011 AIA Westchester + Hudson Valley Design Award for Chelsea24 Loft
- 2010 AIA Westchester + Hudson Valley Design Award for Link House
- 2007 AIA Westchester + Hudson Valley Design Award for Five Star House
Carol’s commitment to design extends to integrating teaching, community, and the profession to transform lives through the lens of design. Carol is a Fellow of the American Institute of Architects (FAIA) and she is an active member of the AIA Westchester + Hudson Valley Chapter and serves on its Board of Directors. She is also the founding and active Chairperson of the Chapter’s AIA Women in Architecture Committee. Her passion for serving others includes dedicating time to her alma mater, The City College of New York (CCNY), Spitzer School of Architecture (SSA). Carol is President of the SSA Architecture Alumni Association, a member of the Dean’s Advisory Council, and a visiting design critic. In addition, Carol teaches Interior Design at the State University of New York (SUNY) Purchase Continuing Education Program.