After completing her master’s degree in 1948, she earned another bachelor’s degree, in architecture, in 1950 from the University of Oregon. She was a past board member of the Oregon American Institute of Architecture. She practiced architecture until 2000, and also worked 10 years at the Oregon State University Physical Plant.
She was passionate about the arts, a past president of the Arts in Oregon Council, and chair of the The Arts Center in Corvallis. Her vision of the riverfront evolved into what the riverfront is today. She joined the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Corvallis in 1970.